Team roster must be submitted one week prior to game. Team roster is limited to 12 players. A teams roster becomes official and frozen once recived. All players shall play for only one team. Teams will not be permitted to participate until all fees have been paid.
All teams must wear basketball jerseys during their games. Each jersey must have the same color and they must have numbers. Basketball shoes must be worn. All jewelry must be removed. Necklaces, earrings and watches can not be worn during the game.
The team coaches are entirely responsible to make sure that their players fully understand tournament rules and regulations. All coaches are responsible for having legal proof of players (photo ID).
Each participating team must have an adult coach on the bench at all times. All players must have signed a wavier/liability form and an official roster sheet prior to the start of the first game.
The entry fee deadline of $120.00 per player is due August 31st . Cash or Money orders only. No personal checks. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Game Clock: Games will consist of two 20 minute halves. The clock will stop on all fouls and violations only during the last ten seconds of the first half and the last two minutes of the second half. The clock will not stop if a team is ahead by 15 points or more. 8 minutes will be given to warm up. Games will be played with 5 minute half times.
2. Overtime: All overtime will consist of three minute periods with clock stopping with fouls and violations in the last one minute.
3. Time Outs: Each team will be given 2 time outs (1 minute) per half and they will not carry over. In case of overtime, 1 extra time out will be given.
4. Grace Period: A five minute grace period will be allowed for tardiness and then if a team does not have five players to start the game, the game clock will start. Eight minutes will be allowed for a team to present four players to start. The team ready and waiting will begin amassing two points per minute up to eight minutes. If at this point a team does not have five players to start, a forfeit will be declared.
5. Team Fouls: Players will be given 5 fouls per game. Bonus shots will be given after the 6th team foul, and the team will be in double bonus after the 8th team foul, per half.
6. Technical Fouls: All technical fouls will count as a personal foul. A player who receives a technical foul must sit out of the game for five minutes before he/she will be allowed back into the game. If a player receives a second technical foul during the same game, the player will be ejected from the tournament.
7. 3-Pointers: High School 3-point line will be utilized in all games. (19’ line)
8. Pressing: Full court pressing is allowed, however, there will be no pressing if a team is 20 points ahead.
9. All participates, coaches and spectators shall refrain from using profanity or verbal abuse towards other players, coaches, spectators, referees and the tournament staff.
10.This is a Drug and Alcohol Free Event. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises. Any coach or player(s) engaged in the use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified from further participation in the tournament.
11. Team coaches will be responsible for the conduct of their players. Teams and spectators shall abide by the tournament rules and regulations.
12. No food or beverages are allowed from the outside. Only water and sport drinks will be permitted for the players.
13. The Tournament Director and the tournament staff are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost or stolen.
Basketball Tournament Rules and Regulations
Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs, feet or a combative action by one or more players, a coach or other team personnel. Any member or team personnel who participates in a fight shall be immediately suspended from the game for the duration to be determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates. Length of suspension will be assessed on an individual basis and may be up to six months in duration.
2. Let it be known that spectators and visitors who too elect to involve themselves in a fight during a game, will be suspended from the facility for a length of time to be determined by the Tournament Director and their Associates.
3. Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from tournament play, there will be no refunds.
Only the opposing teams coach who is playing the scheduled game can protest a players eligibility. Player eligibility protest must be taken to the scorers table before the start of the game. Documentation/proof must be presented upon request. If the coach cannot provide proper proof of age for their player(s) being protested, then player(s) will not be allowed to participate until proof is provided.
2. The game will not be stopped to handle the protest. If the player(s) show up late and the opposing teams coach wants to protest the player(s). That protest will take place at half time only. If the player(s) being protested at half time cannot provide proper proof of age then the player(s) must sit until proof can be provided and that team will be charged with a technical foul. As a result, the opposing team will get two free throws and the ball.
The Tournament Director has the right to alter rules, bylaws and bracket structure as needed.